Every family has their own traditions for Christmas — decorating the house together, a special Christmas movie night, baking Santa’s cookies. As you get cozy in your NewStyle Communities home this Christmas season, create some of your best memories with your loved ones as you celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!
At NewStyle Communities, we have a soft spot for wintertime celebrations, and we love getting to share the cheer with everyone here. Our team came up with a few of our most favorite traditions that we have with our own families, and we hope that you get inspired to add a few of them to your own festivities in your new home!
- Make cookies, latkes, or other holiday treats together from tried-and-true family recipes
- Gather in your living room with hot chocolate and a funny Christmas movie (try Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, The Santa Claus, or The Polar Express)
- Have a family sleepover with holiday crafts, games, and themed snacks, and let your grandchildren curl up with sleeping bags next to the tree
- Select a charity that’s close to your heart and create/prepare Christmas gifts to donate
With the Whole Family
- On Christmas Eve, sit by the fire with hot chocolate and have a classic Christmas movie night (we love Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life, and White Christmas)
- Pick Pollyanna for Christmas/Hanukkah and decide a theme for gifts (i.e. funny, useful, nostalgic)
- If you usually go out to eat on Christmas night, try cooking a fun recipe together at home instead
- Plan a night to video chat with relatives who live far away (you can even open gifts together)!
With Your Partner
- On a snowy night, sit by the fire, sip wine, and watch a romantic movie (a few favorites are The Holiday, Love Actually, and The Family Stone)
- Bake a fun, “dip-able” appetizer together in your kitchen (i.e. fondue, baked brie, dessert dip, etc.) and enjoy while playing cards or going through old photos in front of the fire
- Venture into town for a romantic meal together at a fancy restaurant that you’ve never tried before
- Make a festive cocktail together and take them down to the clubhouse to share with neighbors, invite others over to sip by a fire-pit in your private courtyard, or stay in and enjoy them by yourselves!
From all of us at NewStyle Communities, Merry Christmas.