A new year means new home designs and décor trends! Your style is unique, but it doesn’t hurt to have a little inspiration from the most popular trends as they emerge! Check out some of the 2018 trends that we’re already rocking!
- Flexibility. The desire for open, flexible floor plans continues. The adaptability and functionality of spaces that can be customized remains a big influence on home designs – and we have plenty to choose from!
- Storage. Age-targeted housing should always have a focus on storage. It’s difficult to have too much of it! Each and every one of our home designs features practical and efficient storage options. Scaling down in home size doesn’t mean you have to get rid of all of your stuff!
- Natural materials. Wood, brick, slate… these organic elements act as a balance to our technology-heavy world. Their natural warmth and tactility are popping up as both accents and features.
- Outdoor living spaces. From welcoming front porches to cozy courtyards, expanded outdoor living spaces is a trend we love. Your patio furniture and fire pit will be right at home!
- White as an accent. Clean, accommodating and classic white is everywhere. From subway tiles to painted wood cabinets to custom millwork, white can work wonders in a variety of applications.
- Intense or saturated colors. On the flip side, muted blues, vibrant greens, smoky reds, and hot pinks are popping up in paint colors, fabrics, and accessories. Never underestimate the power of a pop of color!
- Metallics & iridescents. Metallic finishes have only been growing in popularity, while iridescent are just under the radar, ready to make a splash. Either way, who doesn’t love a little sparkle?
- Interesting lighting fixtures. Dainty pendants. Schoolhouse fixtures. Sparkly chandeliers. Light fixtures are a quick and easy way to add interest to any room.
Learn more about what’s new in home designs and décor trends. Chat with our talented in-house design specialists about incorporating trends into your NewStyle home!