The building process can be a little intimidating if you’ve never built a new home before, or in some cases, even if you have. Here at NewStyle Communities, we like to make it as simple and rewarding as possible. To help you anticipate what to expect during your home’s construction, we have outlined the steps that will occur.
- Select A Home Site. Once you have chosen your ideal floor plan, it’s time to select your one-of-a-kind home site. Whether you seek a wooded view, morning sun or a corner lot, our sales consultant will help you choose the perfect home site.
- Design Appointment. About two weeks after you have purchased your home site, you will meet with our in-house designer who will help you personalize your home. You’ll have fun selecting cabinet styles, flooring, appliances and fixtures, just to name a few. Our option library has enough choices to make your home feel customized without being overwhelming. We are also mindful of the fact that you have a budget; we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the value of our homes.
- Pre-Construction Meeting. Prior to the commencement of construction, you will meet with our Project Manager on your property to review your home plans and to discuss the construction schedule. At this time, we ask that no further changes be made to your home. As we like to say, your home is fully built on paper before we ever begin construction.
- Pre-Drywall Meeting. Prior to the installation of drywall, you will meet your Project Manager on your property to review any electrical options (e.g., additional recessed lights, extra outlets, etc.), and to discuss the remainder of the building schedule.
- Quality Mark Inspection. Upon completion of your home, and after the issuance of the certificate of occupancy, we hire a licensed, third-party home inspector to perform a thorough inspection of your home – inside and out. The detailed report will highlight any deficiencies; the Project Manager, along with the Trade Partners, will perform any needed repairs within one week.
- New Home Orientation. Prior to closing, you will meet with the Project Manager on your property to review all of the systems and operations of your new home, including appliances, the programmable thermostat, hot water tank, air handler, fireplace, and doors and windows. Any areas in need of cosmetic touch-ups will be documented, and addressed as soon as possible.
- Closing. The time has come to deliver you the keys to your new home! Our front office will coordinate your home’s closing with our preferred closing attorney and, if applicable, your lender. Your maintenance-free lifestyle has now begun!
- Customer Care. We want your home to be a source of pride and enjoyment for you and your family. At your New Home Orientation, you will be provided with the Home Buyer’s Manual, which details our limited warranty, manufacturer’s warranties and tips for handling service calls during the one-year warranty period. Within one year of the issuance of your certificate of occupancy you will have access to prompt and friendly service to address any warranty items that need attention. Lastly, you will receive a short, online survey from GuildQuality and we’d appreciate your feedback. In our history, 93% of our home buyers would recommend us to a friend!