When you’re looking for that perfect place to plant your roots, you deserve so much more than a beautiful new home in an amenity-rich community — you deserve a hometown that checks off all the boxes too. Say hello to vibrant, thriving Charlotte, a one-of-a-kind city where the Courtyards at Cramerton and the Courtyards at Tega Cay call home! Just 20 minutes from these 55+ communities, Charlotte provides a wide array of experiences for you to enjoy, from shopping and dining to outdoor recreation, arts and culture, and beyond.
There are so many reasons why Charlotte is consistently ranked one of the top cities to retire in, and we can’t wait for you to experience the magic for yourself! Take a look at our top 6 reasons you’ll love living in Charlotte:
6 Reasons to Love Charlotte, NC
1. We have beautiful year-round weather. Say goodbye to harsh winters and brutally hot summers… in Charlotte, you have four seasons of beautiful weather, with temperatures ranging from the 60s to 80s in spring and fall, warm summers, and mild winters with occasional snow. If you love spending time in the great outdoors, the weather is always on your side.
2. We enjoy affordability. Those of us who live here know that a low cost of living leads to a happier and less stressful lifestyle, no matter how you choose to live. If you’re looking for a beautiful new home near a city that caters to all of your needs (while helping you stay within your budget), Charlotte has you covered.
3. We love local spots. To us, a local coffee shop beats a big chain any day of the week. When you walk through town, you’ll enjoy a thriving foodie scene with everything from pizza parlors to gourmet restaurants, craft breweries to pubs — all with their own personality. A small city with a big heart, Charlotte is the kind of place where your favorite local spots become a beloved part of your daily routine.
4. We’re big on outdoor fun. You don’t necessarily think of whitewater rafting when you picture a city, but Charlotte truly has it all. With the renowned U.S. National Whitewater Center, you can enjoy rafting, kayaking, biking, hiking, zip lining, rock climbing, and more, all within a short drive from your home. Plus, with Asheville, NC just 2 hours away and Charleston, SC just 3.5 hours away, you can enjoy a weekend trip to hike or lounge on the beach whenever you want.
5. We value arts and culture. Museums, theaters, concert venues, public art… the list goes on. When you’re not enjoying the comfort of your home and community, you have an endless list of cultural fun to enjoy with family and friends. Want to see a live band? How about a Broadway play? Oh, and we’re a bonafide sports city too! From the NFL’s Carolina Panthers to the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, you always have a game to watch and a team to root for.
6. We enjoy a nice cocktail. Love to dress up and enjoy a night on the town? The Uptown section of Charlotte is full of bustling nightlife for all occasions — go ahead and indulge in date night at a fancy restaurant or an outing with friends at a trendy brewery. In this hip part of town, there’s always a craft cocktail to taste or a rooftop lounge to sit, sip, and savor the sights.
Charlotte Home Builders
At NewStyle Communities, we want your hometown to be just as rewarding as your home, which is why we chose to build in none other than beautiful Charlotte. This is a place that defines home in every sense — from endless possibilities to local spots that become near and dear to your heart. Take a look at our new homes at the Courtyards at Cramerton and the Courtyards at Tega Cay, and begin living the lifestyle you’ve always wanted.