If you’re like some of our buyers, you haven’t lived in a new home for decades. The process for choosing your finishes – from cabinets to flooring, countertops to appliances and fixtures to paint color – should be a fun and exciting experience. Here are a few tips for making choices confidently.
- Find Inspiration. Many of our home buyers find inspiration on HGTV. Others find creative solutions on websites like Houzz and Pinterest. Our model homes are designed to inspire as they tend to reflect the latest in active adult housing trends. If your color palate follows different trend lines, don’t worry, we have plenty of other colors and material patterns in our offering.
- Do Your Homework. Once you buy a NewStyle home, we provide you with a detailed 3-ring binder with all known material and color selections. In most cases, you will have two weeks to study the binder and choose some of your favorite finishes. By the time your Design Appointment takes place, you’ll feel like you have already built your home on paper.
- Matchy-Matchy. Don’t worry about being too matchy-matchy. Most of our home buyers are bringing existing furniture and accessories to their new home. In most cases, the style of furniture is not as current as some of our interior design selections. That’s okay. Our Designer, Nicole, is gifted at helping you compliment your interior finishes with your home décor. And you don’t have to have everything match.
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. If you’re on a budget – and everyone is on a budget – save your hard-earned dollars for the Kitchen. If you know our floor plans, you know that the Kitchen is the focal point. Whether you are an entertainer or a gourmet cook, your personalized Kitchen will be a showpiece for many years to come. Treat yourself to the Kitchen you’ve always wanted.
- Save Some Money for the Courtyard. Our designs are known for the private, enclosed courtyard spaces. While it won’t cost a fortune to bring your outdoor space to life, you should save a few dollars to ensure your outdoor space complements your indoor space. We have an entire library of beautiful courtyard spaces. Let us know if you need some inspiration.